Monday, September 14, 2009
Extreme Makeover Home Edition
My weekend was spent at the building site for Extreme Makeover Home Edition . It was mindblowing how many pepole were there. At first I was blown away at how many caring people were there. Soon, though I figured out how selfish everyone was there. Some were there for their fifteen minutes of fame, or to get Ty's photo and autograph. Few spent eleven hours on our feet craning our necks, dehydrating, and getting sunburnt so badly you were getting chills in the 80 degree weather, to just be a part of the Mattingly family's dream. Even my closest friend openly admitted that she was there only for Ty. I was there because I wanted to see the looks on the faces of the family when they realized they went from living in an old rundown trailer to having this amazing, gorgeouse, huge house. When the house was finally revealed to the family it was so intense it brought tears to nearly everyone's eyes. The celebrities that were there were just an added bonus to being able to see the joy that was brought to the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's sad how self-centered people are, isn't it!? How amazing that you got to be a part of watching a local family's life change forever, though!
ReplyDelete