Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Childhood Memories

I remember when I was little my friend Travis and I would always set up relay races in the back yard. We'd have to climb the apple tree and army crawl behind the blackberry bushes. We took turns setting up the course using fallen tree limbs to leap over, plastic lawn furniture to weave in and out of, and there was always a tunnel made of sheets or a tarp stretched across the clothes line. I'm still as competitive now as I was back then if not more. Looking back now it makes me laugh. Travis always thought he'd win because I was a girl, but I proved him wrong time and time again. It's funny how what used to bring me joy, now brings me sadness. When people asked me at Travis's funeral what my greatest memory of Travis was I said relay races when we were little.

*In loving memory of Travis Andrew Whittaker 9/30/91 - 5/29/07*

No comments:

Post a Comment