Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, May 17, 2010

Fortunes

In class we all drew fortunes out of a cup. Mine was: "You can't go down the right path without first discovering the path to go down."
Usually when I get Chinese food and a fortune cookie mine never make any sense. This one though I can actually make sense of. How can you be sure that the first path is always the right path. You never know if there's another path to take. For a few years I found it easier just to take sides with my dad, my mom was just angry with him for trying to take me away. I thought that was the right thing, to go behind my mom's back and listen to everything my dad said. But now I realize that that was not the path I should have taken. Now I realize that everything my dad said was just what I wanted to hear and not necessarily the truth. It's sad that I took the wrong path and spent the last few years with a bad relationship with my mom and now that we're finally close it's almost time to move out and go to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment