Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Take Care of Your Own Kid!

I'm 16 years old and my cousin is 4. For some apparent reason my aunt and uncle seem to think that I'm perfectly willing to give up my free time and my social life to take care of their kid. They came over for the 4th of July. Bre, my cousin, has a really bad temper. Well she was throwing a tantrum and so i was talking her out of it standin right in front of her parents, and all they said is "Bre, Shelbey said stay here" I was like wow way to be a parent. A few weeks later my uncle was working on my Grandma's roof and my aunt was waiting on him hand and foot as usual. Well Bre was getting and attitude and was being rude so I was going to take her inside for a 5 minute time out. Well she wasn't having that she started throwing a fit and i had to carry her into the house. All my aunt said was "Bre listen to Shelbey" I wanted to yell "I shouldn't be the one doing this!" but I didn't I went ahead and stopped her from acting that way. because if I don't no one will. On Halloween, guess who took her Trick or Treating. Me. I didn't mind until her parents left about half way through becuase they ordered a pizza. At one house the lady at the door said, "looks like mom's got a broken arm" referring to me. It's sad when your grandma's neighbor thinks I'm the kid's mom becuase I'm the one with her all the time. I just wish they would grow up and take care of their kid instead of making me do it all the time. Don't get me wrong I love Bre and I love spending time with her, but theres a fine line between that and raising her.

No comments:

Post a Comment